Florida Credit Union
Established in 1954 as a state-chartered credit union for teachers, Florida Credit Union (FCU) was originally named the Alachua County Teachers’ Credit Union, and was owned and operated by teachers working in the Alachua County school system. After the first annual meeting in 1955, FCU began to add more school systems, community colleges, and other educational groups in the area, which helped grow and improve the credit union’s offerings.
Nearly 70 years later, FCU is now a leading credit union in North and Central Florida. It serves 48 counties and continues to expand its products and services while striving to ensure each and every member’s financial needs aren’t just met—they’re exceeded.